Ever wondered what are the different types of ships used in Merchant Navy?
Worry not! MarineMonks brings you a list of all the seven types of vessels used in Merchant Navy!
1. Container Ships: These are the vessels carrying goods stored in containers.
2. Bulk Carriers / Bulkers: These are the vessels engaged in carrying unpackaged bulk cargoes. Such as grains, iron ores and other such materials.
3. Tanker Ships: These are the kinds of vessels which carry liquified freight, like oils, chemicals, and more.
4. Passenger / Cruise Ships: These are the vessels which primarily carry passengers from one part of the world, to another!
5. Ro-Ro (Roll-On-Roll-Off) Vessels: These kind of ships carry wheeled cargo. Such as Cars, Trucks, Trains, Bikes, and other such types of vehicles.
6. Ferries / Ferry Ships: These vessels are used to carry a short number of passengers and other goods over a short distance.
7. Offshore Vessels: These are the vessels engaged in supplying goods and personnels to offshore oil/gas plants.